Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

A Marionette Challenge

Hi Marionette folks;

I'm getting into Marionette, among other reasons, to be able to to tackle complex forms like the one shown below.

The first image below shows a bit how I created the final shape, doing it the old fashioned way, starting out in 2D laying the form out in progressive shapes adapting them to the spine contour. I was thinking of the way a plane wing or fuselage is ribbed out. The configured ribs are stacked front to back and center aligned, then multiple extruded to the overall length of the spine-contour. Then I duplicated and flipped the extrusion and trimmed it.

I'm thinking about the various commands and dimensions that I used to get this result, and after experimenting with the simple exercises I've found here on the site, I am beginning to see a little how this might be produced with a Marionette network. But I must say, when I see the network required to produce a 3 drawer file cabinet with casters, my mind is blown.

I'd be highly motivated to see how others have attempted complex shapes like this one with Marionette.

Thanks, in advance!

Cheers!

Chuck

1 MultipleExtrude1.jpg

2 Core Form.jpg

3 Final Product How Marionette?.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...