Corrupted Objects when saving in 11.5

I am getting a corrupted objects alert when saving drawings originally created in 10.5

Essentially the file cannot be saved and my work is lost since the last save. I'm now saving every time after editing a couple of objects as this is happening pretty frequently (5-10 times a day).

So far this only happens with polylines and polygons.

Objects created in 11.5 are fine.

Also suffering with sudden slow-downs which only closing, quitting and reopening will clear.

This is really hurting my productivity and my confidence.

Joel.

Mac OS 9.2.2

Export your file to Vectorscript and watch what happens. All objects will be lost. This issue's been around for quite some time.

"Let's hope that we can come to terms with this

critical issue this time around. I've actually spent days, weeks, & months working

to resolve this thing from Hell and analyzing the code. But the bug is both transitory and devastating.

Pity the poor novice User ! Pity the poor Professional User !

Why the attack on the hatchname string ... when the problem's with the classatrribute array?

Obviously, SetVectorFill is getting corrupted by the results of the array causing

an open argument ); then VW begins to stall, sputter, and eventually crash.

Also it maybe that... the virtual memory / hard memory does not clear properly and when the

app is re-loaded the file corruption continues ...

In a way this reminds me of the Master Pages bug in Pagemaker v5 that I found a few years back.

If a document 'Master ' is active and you click with the text tool anywhere on the pasteboard zone

without typing a letter .. Pagemaker would remember it and create an 'empty' container at those

'out of bounds' coordinates. The database engine would struggle to query & sort the 'null' container

resulting in trash and the file becoming locked out. Yes ... this was a major issue for Adobe ... and

caused them no end of anguish before I found it for them : ) They went from v5 >v6 in a hurry.

I think we have a similar little 'null' container bug in Vectorworks involving not artifacts on the page container

but within the 'class' container itself. ... the 'class' acting as a 'master' page which is linked to the

SetVectorFill container. The linkage is being broken and the resultant SetVectorFill is 'null' .

Eventually all the VectorFills get corrupted ... randomly. But the SetClassAtributes is just fine ! "

islandmon wrote:

<>

Interesting, thanks for this.

I have ended up redrawing objects instead of modifying existing ones just to keep working but the time it all takes + that of having to document and support the bug reports, it's just not fair.

For any software in double-digit release numbers, issues such as this should not exist.