UNRESPONSIVE VW - Creating/selecting framing member

drelARCH

Question

I am very frustrated to report that every time I create/select framing member in a file software gets unresponsive for 5 - 10 minutes. I have no idea what i've done wrong...It started with placing first item in the file using framing member tool. Earlier I have copied into the file few rafters (framing members) from recently drawn file.

File is quite small with not many objects in it....

FILE JUST SIMPLE DOESN'T ACCEPT FRAMING MEMBER

- have reset vw preferences - NO SUCCESS

- have created brand new file and imported in it all the objects through import layers - NO SUCCESS

- have changed display settings from 'Best performance' to other but it only once it allowed to do few steps forward and then same behaviour ocurred - NO SUCCESS

This is worst time for me for something like this as tomorrow I am suppose to present final design to client.  

I havent had issues like this since SP2...

Pavol

3 answers to this question

On 4/2/2019 at 3:49 PM, KIvanov said:

Hello,

Could I ask you to provide a test file? I will try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Kostadin Ivanov

try it on a blank file with framing member = spinning ball of death.... (mac and mojave user)

locks into a freeze and takes about 5 mins before I can use it  (even worse on existing files) , see circled area where it seems to lag

2026852484_Screenshot2019-04-03at16_22_08.thumb.png.4fb5002a2bd17c3721b94b86be848e36.png