Parametric Constraint problems??????

I am trying to use the parametric constraints to locate a hole relative to a corner on a rectangle, souds very straight forward and you would not expect a problem. Here's the problem...I locate the hole inside the square an d position it relative to one corner, lower left. I then use the Vertical Distance constraint to keep the hole in position when I resize the square. Now the rub.......If I make the square larger the constraint works and the hole is located correctly. If I make the square smaller to a given point the hole and the constraint move to the outside of the part. I can then flip flop the hole from inside to outside the square by using the OIP to enlarge / reduce the square.

This type of behavior on a constraint does me no good whatsoever. It actually scares me.

Anyone had any experience with this or is this another VW bug??

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Bruce,

Yep........that's exactly what is happening. If you re-size with a value anymore than the constraint value it goes wacko. I don't have time to re-size a part 6" in 1/4" increments. I might as well just redraw it, which is what I have been doing. Just not very productive.

If this is a bug, why am I the only one complaining about it?? I did a search and found no problems I am having. Since I am the lone wolf out there, what are the chances in getting it fixed to be useful??

Thanks and Regards,

Tom in PA