ANNOTATIONS CHANGES FONT SIZE WHEN PASTING FROM ONE VIEWPORT TO ANOTHER

Hello Hive Mind. 

There is this annoying issue whereby when I paste annotations from one viewport to another, and the scale is different, the text size changes when pasting into a new viewport. 

From a workflow standpoint, I create multiple views of one object on a sheet layer, side view, isometric, etc.  I notate the first viewport with all the appropriate callouts that then need to copy and paste into the next view. Simple, nice workflow.  However, if the next viewport is a different scale, the annotations change based on the next viewports scale.  

I'm not sure the logic on this from Vectorworks, I can't imagine anyone would want their fonts on a sheet later to be different sizes just because the viewport is a different scale.  

Is there a preference setting somewhere that dictates this?

Thanks in advance

Aaron 

• Like 1
On 3/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, Aaron Black said:

However, if the next viewport is a different scale, the annotations change based on the next viewports scale.  

I'm not sure the logic on this from Vectorworks, I can't imagine anyone would want their fonts on a sheet later to be different sizes just because the viewport is a different scale.  

Is there a preference setting somewhere that dictates this?

This is how it is supposed to work for viewports with different scales, it also happens in e.g. AutoCAD when using annotative scale for text, depending on the annotation scale (i.e. viewport scale in VW) assigned to the text, the text size will change to keep the "paper size" the same across viewports.

If you want to use copy/paste across viewports and don't want this rescaling then it would be best to put those annotations on the sheet layer itself instead of the design layer.

Otherwise put the annotations on a design layer and keep the size the same by using text styles and adjust the text size in the advanced properties for the viewports by scaling the text with an appropriate scaling factor to get them show up at the same print size across all viewports.