Crashing Isues

Saercoed

Question

I am having issues with Vectorworks 2019 SP2 crashing when I try and create a rectangle or lines.  I get the colourful spinning wheel of death then I can do nothing with it. The only way to close it is a forced Quit.

This has happened with two different files  (one 11.4Mb and teh other 32.3Mb). 

I have just opened up a new file and managed to create a rectangle and line with no crashing!

Any suggestions?

11 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This will sound very strange but stick with me:

Restart Vectorworks, then undock the Object Info palette from its normal place in the top right corner of the workspace and leave it floating free. Once thats done, try creating those object types and see if the hang still occurs.

If that temporarily resolves it, then that issue should be corrected once SP3 comes out. Please let me know if it does not affect it though.

• Like 1

Thank you for the response, unfortunateley I allways have my Object Info palette (and other pallets) free floating as it gives me more screen space.

So based on your advice I did the reverse and attached it!   It seems to have fixed it on the iMac 27" (Late 2015).

However, not on the iMacPro 27" (2017)!  I have even tried to put it back and take it off again - still the same result of having to Force Quit!  

It was all rather embarassing today when it crashed whilst trying to create a revised elevation for a client.

Do you know when will SP3 be coming out?

4 minutes ago, Saercoed said:

Do you know when will SP3 be coming out?

No public date yet, but I would expect it in a matter of weeks now.

On the machine that it is still happening on, perform a backup and reset of the preferences as outlined here:

Once you do that, before restoring any settings, launch Vectorworks with its defaults and tell me if the problem still occurs.

2 hours ago, Jim Wilson said:

No public date yet, but I would expect it in a matter of weeks now.

On the machine that it is still happening on, perform a backup and reset of the preferences as outlined here:

Once you do that, before restoring any settings, launch Vectorworks with its defaults and tell me if the problem still occurs.

I found the second and third ones on the list of stuff to rmove but not the first and fourth!

13 minutes ago, Saercoed said:

I found the second and third ones on the list of stuff to rmove but not the first and fourth!

If you don't see some of the items thats ok, they are not always there, once youre sure none of the listed items remain, you can restart.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:06 PM, Jim Wilson said:

If you don't see some of the items thats ok, they are not always there, once youre sure none of the listed items remain, you can restart. 

I follwoed theinstructions and deleted the two files I found, then rebooted - but no better, even tried un ataching the obj Info box.