You can add comands to the right click options by editing your Workspace.

In the menu section there are to options for right click menu,

a) when you hover over an object (or having selected ?)

b) nothing selected in blank screen

I have totally customized (and even more re-ordered) both options

in my custom workspace ...

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that this should be a pretty easy thing to write a script for, but I don't have enough Braceworks experience to be able to figure it out.

If you can upload a file with a couple of simply truss systems so I can look at the record formats and see what the command actually does I will see if I can replicate in a right clickable format.

• Like 1

Pat,

Let me know what you come up with.  The trick here is to script the button push in the OIP.  Setting text and boolean values in the parameter fields is pretty straight forward for VS, but scripting the button push, the button being a non parameter widget, has got me stumped.  I'm sure Josh has an answer.

Hi Sam,

I am looking at it the other way around. I am looking at the records and seeing if I can determine what the button does and then script that same action.

It appears that each part of the System stores the UUID of the parts it is attached to. So you should be able to walk the UUID and select things until you don't have any more unselected UUIDs.

But it may be more than this as I have only spent about 5 minutes looking at the record formats.

I am open to other suggestions.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...