Mechanical vs Vectorworks

AnaisR

I have a bunch of files created on Mechanical 10.5 (Updated from 10.0, Ed Version, on PC, Windows NT) that I have sent to a Mac (OSX 10.2.8) with Vectorworks 10.5 (with no Mechanical). The files can be read on the Mac, exported as image files, animations can be created from them, but the files cannot be printed. I have tried printing them from the Mac both on a MINOLTA magicolor 2350 and on HP Laserjet 2200D and only blank sheets come out (with Ed Version on them).

Does anyone know why this is? and if there is a way to get my prints out?

cheers, anaisr.

Yes, that was the reason! My original drawings were inside the printing area though, how come they were shifted when I sent them to another computer?

Also, in this case, do I need to move my drawings to the printing area, or can I move the printed area around my drawings?

anaisr.

You can move the print boundary box over the drawing using the Move Page Tool, behind the zoom and pan tools.

It probably changed because the page size differed on the other computer with a printer change.

• 1 month later...

Amazing,

I just opened the tech board for the specific purpose of finding out if I could move the print area around my drawing. I couldn't find it in the VW docs. Rather than search I decided to browse.

This was the first post I looked at! Katie, What a fine resource.