Vectorworks 2019 and iMacPro

hansfreymadl

Question

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Zeno said:

That everything is monothread on VW and probably you have less frequency on a iMac Pro. For this reason I bought the best iMac and not the iMac Pro. There is a lot of process that actually are mono core on VW. Depending on your workflow..

^ this is very apparent. Having just moved from a 2012 MacBook Pro to an iMac Pro I was surprised how clear the bottlenecks become. There are actually some tasks that are worse on the iMac Pro than they were on my old MacBook Pro. Some things are clearly bugs too.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the time lag, I'm in Sydney.

I'm running Vectorworks 2019 SP2 build 463397 FAR on a iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB.

Here are a few of the issues I'm encountering, most of them seem to relate to Navigation & Graphics however generally there are multiple glitches that occur randomly and I'm finding that VW is running noticeably slower than on my old iMac.

Plane modes are unreliable:

Rotating Plan doesn't hold reliably when when shifting between standard views:

Screen won't scroll properly:

Slight lag and hanging when using the walk-through tool in Open GL:

I was told by my Service Select tech support person to change preferences from Best to Good Performance & Compatibility which made a slight difference but not a significant one.

I reverted back to VW 2018 which had different issues.

Hans 

• Like 1