Anna Guzman

IMAGE PROPS ISSUE

Question

Hello, can anyone help me out, when trying to create an image prop, these gray lines like frames keep showing up, I have photoshopped the image and has no background and is saved as png. When trying to mask the image an choosing the transparent color, it shows up with that gray frame, anyone had this problem before???

image.thumb.png.8f69533a84bfb69a9dcdbbc23f922c8b.png

6 answers to this question

Those grey bars on the top and bottom appear in the document when rendered as well as in this preview window? They shouldn't normally, theyre just there to fill in that square UI element when images that are a different aspect ratio are shown.

Send me one of those files please, you can post one of the image props on its own in a test file and I can take a look.

It COULD just be an issue with the Canvas Size in Photoshop being larger than needed for the Image Size, but usually then that extra area is also transparent.

Ok, so I made the image prop in another file and it worked, then I copied it to my model file, with no problems. I guess my model file must have some sort of bug or something. Thanks anyways!

• Like 1

BTW, if you've already cut out the background in Photoshop and saved the image as a PNG, when you're making the Image Prop in Vectorworks, don't choose the transparent color option. Instead choose "Alpha Channel" and it'll bring in the transparency directly from the PNG; it usually looks much cleaner than the transparent color method.