AnaRF

Display Flashing and Changing Colours

Question

I've just purchased a new laptop (HP Spectre x360) and have suddenly encountered a problem that with Vectorworks that I have not experienced on my previous machines (despite this one being much better and having a far better display/screen resolution). The screen, seemingly without reason, started flashing and changing colour. This is only on the area of the screen that is used for drawing- the surrounding control panels and palettes are unaffected. And equally, it is fine when I minimise the window or switch windows. I am attaching some videos of the problem to this post. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I am using Vectorworks 2019.

5 answers to this question

Reply back with the dxdiag file from that machine please, I can take a look: 

Change the VW>Preferences>Display>Navigation Graphics to Best Compatibility.

1 minute ago, AnaRF said:

It looks like your machine has two graphics cards, an integrated Intel model which is currently active, and a Radeon RX which is not being used. Normally there is a Crimson or Catalyst control panel accompanying Radeon RX cards, in there you should find settings that allow you to enable the dedicated/high power graphics card. Apologies, on AMD products this menu can change and I am not exactly sure where the switch for it may be. HPs website may also list steps for how to do this on that machine specifically.

23 minutes ago, bcd said:

Change the VW>Preferences>Display>Navigation Graphics to Best Compatibility.

This should help in the meantime until you can switch to the other card, then you can put this back to Best Performance.

• Like 1