Speaker Array Bumper Missing Import

Juay

Question

Hi all,

My Speaker Array tool Speaker setting has the import option to use non-generic symbols from the spotlight library

My speakerArray tool Bumper setting is lacking the import option.

I have already dropped the speaker bumper in the default folder and i just need to get that import button

Is there any particular steps/setting for it to appear?

Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 12.12.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 12.12.53 AM.png

9 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

The most common cause for not seeing the import option is that the speaker array is not actually placed in the drawing yet. If you are first placing a speaker array and you get the object properties dialog, if you enter the configure array dialog there, the import options are not present.

Can you confirm you place an empty array in the drawing to start? Once the empty array is in the drawing, go to Configure Array through the Object Info Palette and you should then see the import options.

Guest Alex Sagatov

@Chris_W Hm... I don't think I've ever seen the specific results you are seeing. You are not only missing import, but you are not seeing the default library either.

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.05.49 PM.png

Inside of your Applications > Vectorworks 2019 ( or Program Files > Vectorworks 2019 on Windows ), do you see a file in this path?

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.04.39 PM.png

My guess on this would be either the library file is missing or you do not have proper read/write permissions to it.

Since I haven't seen this before, it might be best to reach out to technical support and have them dig into it directly on your machine.