How to translate titleblock

Stephanie Desmeules

Question

12 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Jonathan Pickup said:

An easy way to edit the title block is to click on it. That should open a dialog box where you can choose to edit the style. Once you have edited the title block style, all the title blocks in the file should update. 

Requires a double click?

If you have look at the image I attached, I circled the titles in the title blocks that I want to translate... The dialog box you are referring to will not allow me to modify the small titles on the upper left boxes... 

I attached another image showing the dialog box... I want to modify the left side of it!!

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 5.54.23 AM.png

Edited by Stephanie Desmeules
4 hours ago, Stephanie Desmeules said:

If you have look at the image I attached, I circled the titles in the title blocks that I want to translate... The dialog box you are referring to will not allow me to modify the small titles on the upper left boxes... 

I attached another image showing the dialog box... I want to modify the left side of it!!

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 5.54.23 AM.png

Jonathon is correct, in that double clicking gets you to The small dialog box shown. Choose Title Block Layout, which brings you to a completely editable Title block wher you can edit any text as you see fit.

I think I'd then save the edited Titleblock as a new style.

Note that I do not think this edit changes text over in the last dialog box shown, which is the Titleblock Manager

that window any text which is in Italics is editable, that which is non-italic is NOT editable. Text edited on right side of colon becomes default text I believe.

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 8.18.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 8.19.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 8.20.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 8.25.22 AM.png

Edited by mjm
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, Stephanie Desmeules said:

Yes!! this is where I want to go!!! THat's what I need!

But double clicking on my title block doesn't bring me to the Edit Title Block Layout you show... it brings me to the Edit Title Block that I attached earlier... 

Hello Stephanie,

You seem to be working with the old Sheet Border object. The other attached images are from the new Title Block Border object.

What version of VW are you working with? If it is VW2018 or above, you should be able to work with the Title Block Border. Otherwise, you could change these texts by editing the symbol/title block used by the Sheet Border and edit the text there.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You should edit the symbol, not the record. If you have difficulties locating the symbol, you could send me a test file and I could make a short screen recording showing you how to edit the texts. Also, here in the VW help you could see how to edit symbols, which is what you have to do - http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/index.htm#t=VW2017_Guide%2FSymbols%2FEditing_Symbol_Definitions.htm%23XREF_98920_Editing_Symbol&rhsearch=sheet border&rhsyns=

• Like 1