patriciamayme

Century Gothic Vector issue

Question

I am running VWX 2019 SP2 and I have only noticed this issue over the last week or so.

No matter what I try (including reinstalling, validating, rasterizing, etc) Century Gothic is not behaving properly when Publishing a PDF. As you can see from the attached PDF, other basic fonts are working correctly, but Century Gothic becomes pixelated as if the vector is not working properly. This typically wouldn't be a problem, but Century Gothic is my go-to font. Any suggestions are helpful.

Text test.pdf

4 answers to this question

Hello Patricia,

What kind of font is it; Postscript Type 1, TrueType, OpenType, Scalable Vector Graphics, or (hopefully not) Bitmap? Also, how old is the font file? Perhaps a newer version of the Century Gothic type face would alleviate your problem.

Raymond

It is hard to say. Finder is stating that it is a "Font Suitcase"? That might be the issue. Its just weird because I didn't change the font file, but it didn't used to cause problems. Let me see if downloading and installing a ttf changes anything.

Font Suitcases are pretty old. I would definitely look for a newer version of the font. There seem to be quite a few sites on the web that offer free versions of this typeface.

Good Luck,

Raymond

Fixed. Just had to completely remove it from my computer, which was pretty scary since I use it in almost every template. Reinstalled a new .ttf and now it is all good. 

Thanks.