Vectorworks 2017 Crash

mark_coco32

Question

Hi there,

I recently had my student licence of VW2017 extended. To do this I had to redownload the software as I had previously deleted it.

Upon opening the program, it appears to work fine for a couple of minutes, then suddenly crashes - I'd appreciate any help with fixing the issue, as obviously I need the use of the program for my studies.

Thanks. 

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like this machine is running macOS 12.14, which is beyond what Vectorworks 2017 supported, so it may not be resolvable.

However, it appears there are two versions of Vectorworks 2017 in the app folder of this machine, does the crashing happen with both? One of them is at SP0 while the other is at SP3, but the last version released for 2017 was SP5:
https://www.vectorworks.net/downloads/ServicePack?major=2017&servicepack=5&language=1

In any case, it would be wisest to remove one of those two versions of 2017, then update the remaining one to the latest service pack, that would give you the greatest chance of avoiding the crash but since it's not a supported OS for 2017, theres no knowing for sure.