Extending student license

dt25

Question

Hello all

I'm a student using Vectorworks for the first time.

I have downloaded from the Student Portal and used the serial number provided. This worked for a few weeks, however now, whenever I launch Vectorworks it asks me to activate and then says 'Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired.' The program then closes.

I have uploaded my student ID again on my account last week, however the issue has still not changed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software too, but still no change.

Could anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks!

Hello,

I am a final year architecture student, my Vectorworks lisence seems to have ran out part way through the term. I am definitely still studying, have requested the lisence extension as it suggested, including proof of student ID but have not had a response or update to lisence code. Currently can’t use Vectorworks but desperately need to for my final year thesis. How long is it likely to take for the extension to be granted. My graduation date has always been the same so confused as to why it expired when it did. 

Thanks in advance 

Hello,

I am a final year architecture student, my Vectorworks license  seems to have run out part way through the term. I am definitely still studying, have requested the license extension as it suggested, including proof of student ID but have not had a response or update to lisence code. Currently can’t use Vectorworks but desperately need to for my final year thesis. How long is it likely to take for the extension to be granted? My graduation date has always been the same so confused as to why it expired when it did. How long should I expect the request for extension to be accepted? Or have I done something wrong? I expected it would be automated. Would be very grateful if someone could offer advice. 

Thanks in advance 

@Jim Wilson  I'm having the same issue - My extension has been accepted but it keeps asking mew to activate . I have re-downloaded but not installed and now I can not even launch the original .  Would you be able to assist, please?  Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, Ugniblnac said:

Hi,

could you approve my student license aswell as I am waiting fro renewal way too long. Thanks

It looks like this was already approved, is it still not working for you now? It looks like it was approved within 20 minutes of being requested.

Hi there! I'm also trying to extend my student licence for one year. When i first registered i uploaded and student card that expires this year besides my degree only finishes next year. I already uploaded an updated student card.

Can somebody help my on this?

Thank you! 

Hello,

I am having the same issue with renewing my student account. I installed the new 2019 version and it was working fine. It now says my serial number has expired but I don't graduate until 2021. I have updated my student status with my student card document but it is still saying my serial number has expired - how do I get a new one/ extend the serial number?

Thanks,

Naomi

@Jim Wilson 

I'm having the same issues with trying to activate but then getting an error message saying my software license is expired. I've tried uninstalling and re downloading the 2019 version. Also when tried extracting the files from the zipped folder, I received an error message. This error didn't seem to prevent any issues with installing Vectorworks, however.

Hope you can help

Thanks

2019-09-17 (1).png

Hi my student license has expired despite requesting an extension, and I need to get into vectorworks as I have a project due. I re downloaded the 2017 link that was there but I think I’ve just downloaded the same one twice. When I open vectorworks it tells me to activate my account, but then it says account can’t be activated as it is expired. Thank you