Extending student license

dt25

Question

Hello all

I'm a student using Vectorworks for the first time.

I have downloaded from the Student Portal and used the serial number provided. This worked for a few weeks, however now, whenever I launch Vectorworks it asks me to activate and then says 'Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired.' The program then closes.

I have uploaded my student ID again on my account last week, however the issue has still not changed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software too, but still no change.

Could anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 hours ago, Sarah Akhurst said:

Hi! @Jim Wilson

Having the same issue and need to renew my student license!

Where do I go to request for an extension on my software? 

Thanks

You should be able to go to https://student.myvectorworks.net, log in with the same email and then on the left you should see an option to manage products or licenses (apologies, some of the portals may be worded a little differently depending on where you are) and you can request it through there. Let me know when you've done so and I can approve it if you're in a rush.

1 hour ago, BrianD17 said:

My license is about to expire and I was just wondering how long renewal usually takes?

I updated info a few days ago but as yet have not heard anything back or had license renewed

Any help would be much appreciated

Everything looks in order, you should now be approved and good for another 13 months.

Hi all,

I am a current undergrad student and I downloaded the educational version of Vectorworks. The program ran with no problem for a few months but now when I state the program it says I need to activate my account. I click activate then another window pops up saying that my license is expired.

However, my account online states that my serial number is new and active. I have already uploaded proof of enrollment. I'm not sure what to do!

Please help.

Anyone encountering issues, please feel free to reply to this thread.

We won't be publicly replying unless new information is needed, but we will either be handling your issue directly in the background or contacting your local distributors so that they can do so if you post here.

5 hours ago, Jim Wilson said:

Anyone encountering issues, please feel free to reply to this thread.

We won't be publicly replying unless new information is needed, but we will either be handling your issue directly in the background or contacting your local distributors so that they can do so if you post here.

How do you want us to post...do you mean via e mail?  What do we need to do?

Hi,

I have requested to extend my student license given I do not graduate from my course until 2020. I have an assignment due tomorrow so need access to the program. I did not receive any notifications to say that it was about to expire so it was a shock to me. Can you please validate my extension at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

Hi,

I am having the same issue (I think). I've renewed my student account, and they had me redownload Vectorworks 2017 (even though it's the same version I already have on my computer). I installed the new one, and cannot find the new version of the file. I assumed there would be two since I have installed it twice? When I click the previously existing icon, it opens and tells me to activate Vectorworks, but then says it cannot be activated because it is expired. 

Is my issue just that it takes time to approve my student status? Or is there something else hinky going on?

Thanks,

Rachel

21 hours ago, Rachel Krause said:

Hi,

I am having the same issue (I think). I've renewed my student account, and they had me redownload Vectorworks 2017 (even though it's the same version I already have on my computer). I installed the new one, and cannot find the new version of the file. I assumed there would be two since I have installed it twice? When I click the previously existing icon, it opens and tells me to activate Vectorworks, but then says it cannot be activated because it is expired. 

Is my issue just that it takes time to approve my student status? Or is there something else hinky going on?

Thanks,

Rachel

Looks like it hadn't been approved yet, but it has now. Installing 2017 again would have just installed overtop the old one, the newer version should now be available on the downloads page in your account.