MTRobin

Dimension Trailer Presets

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a quick way to add standard Trailer text after a dimension. For example, I am often adding " Typ." to the ends of some dimensions and would like to make a hot key or automate this so I don't have to click the trailer text box in the OIP and type it in.

Thank you

Maxwell

Right click a dimension that already has the trailer that you want and select "Create Similar Object"  The new dimension will include whatever you had typed in the trailer field.

Edited by TomKen

This works, but I find that I don't type in my trailers until after I dimension the whole page. Ideally it would be great to select a bunch of dimensions and right click and have a script or something add predefined trailers.

If you want to add the trailers afterwards, you still only have to type each trailer once.

For example to add typical to a bunch of dimensions select all the dimension you want to add typical too then use the eyedropper tool.  With the eyedropper tool select a dimension with the typical trailer,  then change it to the bucket and apply it to one of the dimensions you have selected,  all the selected dimensions will have the word typical applied as a trailer.