Vectorworks Cloud Publish Store Locally and Process on Vectorworks Cloud Option

MTRobin

Question

Hi Everyone,

I like the ability to use the cloud publish feature, but I would prefer an option where I can store locally and process on vectorworks cloud. Similarly, I would also like to not have to save my file to the Vectorworks Cloud Services folder.

The workflow would be much faster if I could just keep my VWX file where it is and process on vectorworks cloud. Then choose what local folder I would like the PDF sent to.

Is it also possible to make it an option to not create a "PDF" folder within the saved folder and not save a report as well. The report can open or save else ware, but I find that having to delete it every time is cumbersome.

Thank you

Maxwell

2 answers to this question

Hi @MTRobin, please excuse my brevity as I just happened to see your post while I was searching for something else… 

If I recall correctly; You can put a shortcut/alias of your Vectorworks file in the 'Vectorworks Cloud Services' folder on your PC/Mac (respectively). This means you can keep your files organised however you want them on your local HD. 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, MTRobin said:

Is it also possible to make it an option to not create a "PDF" folder within the saved folder and not save a report as well.

Last time I looked, no. But if you're on a Mac you can create 'Folder Actions' that automatically handle/edit/move/delete files based on particular criteria you set. I know Windows has some sort of scripting capability too, so perhaps you could achieve this on Windows too. 

To create Folder Actions on macOS, in the following link scroll down to section, 'Attaching a Folder Action Script to a Folder'

Edited by Jeremy Best
Added information
15 hours ago, Jeremy Best said:

If I recall correctly; You can put a shortcut/alias of your Vectorworks file in the 'Vectorworks Cloud Services' folder on your PC/Mac (respectively). This means you can keep your files organised however you want them on your local HD. 

Just be careful not to put shortcuts to any of your network folders in the VCS folder. You may end up with anything placed in that network folder being uploaded to VCS. See end of this post: