Vectorworks Viewer hardware specs

Mickey

Vectorworks Viewer of VV is a handy tool

https://www.vectorworks.net/support/downloads/vectorworks-file-viewer

I'm looking at putting together s tablet PC (Surface Pro) for meetings.

Since moving last summer I find I have to ride my motorcycle into the city often for meetings, and I bring my whole mobile CAD rig.

It's a bit tiresome dragging all the hardware around with me.

Most of the time I don't  make changes in the active file, but we just look at things, and take notes.

In my mind I can use a Surface pro as a mini PC for viewing VW files I have stored on a cloud drive, and reduce the weight on my back.

However: There's no specs' on the website. I'd hate to think I've got this great solution only to find my tablet PC is a sorry slab like my Samsung phone.

Anyone?

• 2 months later...
Guest Paulo Ferrari

Hi Mickey,

Depends, this projects that you will open in Vectorworks Viewer, it's in 3D or 2D?

I'll waiting your reply.

Regards,

Paulo Renan Ferrari.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:06 AM, Paulo Ferrari said:

Hi Mickey,

Depends, this projects that you will open in Vectorworks Viewer, it's in 3D or 2D?

I'll waiting your reply.

Regards,

Paulo Renan Ferrari.

The files are all types.

VW viewer should have a standard hardware spec the same way Vectoworks does. Somewhere there should be a minimum, and performance spec for viewer, and I can't find anything.

13 minutes ago, Mickey said:

VW viewer should have a standard hardware spec the same way Vectoworks does. Somewhere there should be a minimum, and performance spec for viewer, and I can't find anything.

I suppose that there are no separate hardware specification, as the viewer comes from the same code base, as far as I know. Therefore I would assume that it has similar needs.

Edited by Nicolas Goutte
Guest Paulo Ferrari

HI Mickey,

Thanks. In this way, I recommend a Notebook with Dedicated Graphics Card (If you use notebook with Intel Graphics, the Vectorworks Viewer will not work properly. Maybe you will have problem with graphics and crashes). 
As Nicolas commented, Vectorworks Viewer share the same hardware specification as the Vectorworks Full. 

Follow the Vectorworks 2019 System Requirements:
https://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2019

If you want to buy a Microsoft Surface, I recommend the Surface Book 2, with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 GPU 6GB GDDR5.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/devices/surface-book-2/tech-specs

Regards

Paulo Renan Ferrari