Linkable Section Marker (Like we had in 2018)

Amorphous - Julian

Question

An important feature we use a lot in our documentation process has been removed in VW2019.

In VW 2018, when you place a Section Marker, you can choose where this is linked to. This is useful when you have multiple instance linking to the same detail. 

In VW2019, this can still happen before you place a Section Marker. But once place, it cannot be changed in 'Object Info' palette. 

See screen shots below.

Can this be brought back to the 'Object Info Palette' VW2019 SP3 ??? The removal of selectable viewport affects our workflow severely. 

VW2018.jpg

VW2019.jpg

Edited by Amorphous

2 answers to this question

Note that these are two different objects:

One is a "Section - Elevation Marker" the other is a "Section Line". I'm not really using 2019 but in 2018 a Section Line is directly linked to a section viewport and is typically created via the "Section Lines..." option at the bottom of the OIP when a Section VP is selected.

I haven't tried it in 2019 but when I ungroup a Section Line in 2018 it changes to a Section-Elevation Marker which you can then link to a viewport.

i just posted a response to a related question here:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Boh said:

Note that these are two different objects:

One is a "Section - Elevation Marker" the other is a "Section Line". I'm not really using 2019 but in 2018 a Section Line is directly linked to a section viewport and is typically created via the "Section Lines..." option at the bottom of the OIP when a Section VP is selected.

I haven't tried it in 2019 but when I ungroup a Section Line in 2018 it changes to a Section-Elevation Marker which you can then link to a viewport.

i just posted a response to a related question here:

Fantastic! Thanks @Boh for the tip and the solution!