Love the 11.5 upgrade!

Couple of probs that seem to have remained- and not sure if this has already been raised.

Does anyone else have problems with the lasso tool?

It will often leave a lasso line that I can't delete. If I continue to use the lasso tool it shuts the whole program down.

It seems to happen when I'm inside a group.

VWX also shuts down sometimes when I'm editing some text using a different font. Ie. if the text is in say, helvetica, and I have preselected arial- if I then try to edit the old helvetica text it shuts down the program without warning!. Maybe it has it something to do with the way my fonts are split up for photoshop?

I'm using windows XP professional service pack 2.

AMD Athlon dual processor 1.8 GHz with 1.5 GB RAM

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

kristen

Hi Katie

Thanks for the reply.

I updated my graphics driver but am still having the same problem.

I have discovered the exact keystroke problem.

If you use the lasso tool and start to circle/marquee an area and without releasing your pen/mouse hit the 'x' key for selection. It leaves a lasso line. If you try and lasso again it will immediately shut down VWX.

It may seem like an odd keystroke but I often hit the x key if I want to escape out of an operation (especially selecting an object that I know will take a while to highlight all the control points).

In fact, I use 'x' between most functions.

Haven't figured out the text issue yet but thanks for the advice.

Kristen

Kristen,

It sounds like you need to update the video driver for the lasso redraw issue.

How do you have your fonts split up? If the program is quitting without a notice when editing a font, there's most likely a corruption in one or more of the font definitions in the System>Fonts folder.