Dimension precision doesn't update upon change

Ride

Question

Using VW2019 Architect.  If I change the precision of my dimensions say from .1mm to .01mm, existing dimensions don't update.  New dimensions take on the set precision. 

Is this expected behaviour?  I would expect any change to the dimension units, or precision, would update automatically.

UPDATE:  Things do update automatically IF I change to different units, then change back.  (i.e.:  if I change to inches, then back to mm with any precision, the dimensions all update as expected)

Edited by Ride

2 answers to this question

In my opinion, since each dimension can have its precision set individually in the OIP, this is the designed and correct behavior.

If I have manually set the precision for some dimensions and not for others and then I choose to change the setting for the document, I would not want the new document setting to necessarily override my manual settings. Think site plan versus detail.

You can either use your change the units (though I bet it only works if you change to fractional fee & inches) or select all the dimensions and change the setting in the OIP.