Symbols for Generic Lighting Bits?

VClaiborne

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@VClaiborne There is a City Theatrical library of rigging and accessories in the Objects-Ent Lighting Accessories folder.  There are safer side arms in there and if you do a search in the RM for C-Clamp there are several brands that you can choose from.  I will make a note to develop a generic library of rigging accessories and gak.

• Like 2

I will add these items to the list and see how they can be setup using the toolsets.  I have attached a screenshot of how I did the search for the C-clamps.  I know that they don't connect directly to lights but we did release a library of generic cheeseboroughs on VSS with the swivel set to 15° increments as well as a custom swivel.  That is a little bit of rigging stuff.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 10.14.21 AM.png

• Like 1

@VClaiborne Here is a quick symbol I made using the fixed steel cheeseboroughs and a 5' pipe.  It is designed for 12" box truss and the bottom cheeseborough is designed to insert at the bottom of the lower chord of truss.  If it is 16" or 20" box you can just slide the cheeseboroughs to match the chords. Let me know how it works for you. 

4 Foot Taildown.vwx

• Like 1

so i realized that i have folders in my RM in VW2019 that I don't have in VW 2018 sp6..   I installed VW2018 SP6 on my Mac laptop yesterday, and that was what I was using when i wrote about needing those rigging bits.. now that I'm back onto VW2019 Sp3 I do have the CIty Theatrical folder you showed with the arms and the search for  c-clamps shows alot of symbols, thanks!

Edited by VClaiborne