Question

Can we have a Table of Contents tool based upon published set Sheet Layer numbers, order, and/or names?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

@Kevin Allen - I remember you from the Design Summit! We were both front row in one of the courses... probably Vision? Any chance you'd be willing to share some screen captures or a VWX file with the report? 

While I agree, this would be useful, we use a Quick & Dirty technique.Open the Navigation Pallet & highlighting the sheets to print then use the GRAB tool & place this on the cover sheet as an imported Image. Not elegant, but it saves hours.

Untitled 19.05.54.jpeg

Thanks, @Jim Smith ! Good workaround. Quick an dirty indeed. This will be great until (hopefully) we get a plugin.

Thanks, I note that I used one as an example that really fit the bill of "Quick & Dirty" as the city asked us to include an additional Title page for Zoning so our standard numbering structure got all messed up.

🙃

On 2/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, Kevin Allen said:

I create a report based on my title blocks and keep it n my template

I used this method too and it works well.

Actually, there's a preformatted report called Drawing List that does this for you. Use the Create Report command, set the Type to "Preformatted" and select "Drawing List". 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, Matt Panzer said:

Actually, there's a preformatted report called Drawing List that does this for you. Use the Create Report command, set the Type to "Preformatted" and select "Drawing List". 

I this pre-formatted report available to Spotlight users? I don't see it in the list.

17 hours ago, tw0fer said:

I this pre-formatted report available to Spotlight users? I don't see it in the list.

I just took a look and do not see it available for Spotlight users. I assume it because the majority of projects in Spotlight do not hav that many pages? In any case, I'll run this past the Spotlight folks to see if this is something they might consider adding.