Sky

ID Label Tool

Is there no ID Label Tool anymore? I can't find it in the menu and there is no reference to it in the VW2019 Help documentation. 

58 minutes ago, Sky said:

Is there no ID Label Tool anymore? I can't find it in the menu and there is no reference to it in the VW2019 Help documentation. 

Hello @Sky,

The ID Label Tool has been moved as legacy tool from VW2019. The new Data Tag tool has taken its place in the Dims/Notes tool set. You could anyway still use the ID Label, if you add it to your workspace from Tools->Workspaces->Edit Current Workspace...

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy. It spent 20 minutes trying to look for it.

I’ll see if I can familiarize myself with Data Tag and see how I can make it work for me. 

• Like 1

I can't figure out what to put in the Database Headers of my Wall Legend worksheet to use the Wall > Data > Description text. Could you help me?

17 hours ago, Sky said:

I can't figure out what to put in the Database Headers of my Wall Legend worksheet to use the Wall > Data > Description text. Could you help me?

Could you send me a test file?

I just need the database header text to get this information in a worksheet. 

To get the Mark text, I put in =MARK. But when I put in =DESCRIPTION, I do not get the Description text. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.15.12 PM.png

Edited by Sky

Does anyone know the answer to this?

I everybody in this discussion. I wonder If you can help on this question:

- It is possible to have Data Tag refering to the different materials applied in a Symbol?

Something similar to the attached drawing.

Thank you for your help.

Data Tag.jpg

On 2/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, Sky said:

I just need the database header text to get this information in a worksheet. 

To get the Mark text, I put in =MARK. But when I put in =DESCRIPTION, I do not get the Description text. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.15.12 PM.png

Hello Sky,

You could create the preformatted worksheet report "Wall Style Report" from Tools->Reports->Create Report... and see how this information is extracted there.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I used the wall style report, but it  had this: =IF(GETIFCPROPERTY('IfcWallStandardCase.Description')<>'', GETIFCPROPERTY('IfcWallStandardCase.Description'), GETIFCPROPERTY('IfcCurtainWall.Description'))

which generated a description that was different than the on in that box. I actually have no idea where that description is coming from.

Anyway, I finally figured it out. It is =WALLSTYLENAME. I can't believe how difficult this was!