Jump to content
Sky

ID Label Tool

Recommended Posts

Is there no ID Label Tool anymore? I can't find it in the menu and there is no reference to it in the VW2019 Help documentation. 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Sky said:

Is there no ID Label Tool anymore? I can't find it in the menu and there is no reference to it in the VW2019 Help documentation. 

Hello @Sky,

 

The ID Label Tool has been moved as legacy tool from VW2019. The new Data Tag tool has taken its place in the Dims/Notes tool set. You could anyway still use the ID Label, if you add it to your workspace from Tools->Workspaces->Edit Current Workspace...

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy. It spent 20 minutes trying to look for it.

 

I’ll see if I can familiarize myself with Data Tag and see how I can make it work for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can't figure out what to put in the Database Headers of my Wall Legend worksheet to use the Wall > Data > Description text. Could you help me?

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Sky said:

I can't figure out what to put in the Database Headers of my Wall Legend worksheet to use the Wall > Data > Description text. Could you help me?

 

Could you send me a test file?

Share this post


Link to post

I just need the database header text to get this information in a worksheet. 

To get the Mark text, I put in =MARK. But when I put in =DESCRIPTION, I do not get the Description text. 

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.15.12 PM.png

Edited by Sky

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Share this post


Link to post

I everybody in this discussion. I wonder If you can help on this question:

 

- It is possible to have Data Tag refering to the different materials applied in a Symbol?

 

Something similar to the attached drawing.

Thank you for your help.

Data Tag.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, Sky said:

I just need the database header text to get this information in a worksheet. 

To get the Mark text, I put in =MARK. But when I put in =DESCRIPTION, I do not get the Description text. 

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.15.12 PM.png

 

Hello Sky,

 

You could create the preformatted worksheet report "Wall Style Report" from Tools->Reports->Create Report... and see how this information is extracted there.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Share this post


Link to post

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I used the wall style report, but it  had this: =IF(GETIFCPROPERTY('IfcWallStandardCase.Description')<>'', GETIFCPROPERTY('IfcWallStandardCase.Description'), GETIFCPROPERTY('IfcCurtainWall.Description'))

which generated a description that was different than the on in that box. I actually have no idea where that description is coming from.

 

Anyway, I finally figured it out. It is =WALLSTYLENAME. I can't believe how difficult this was!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×