Hidden line for over head slab in floor plan?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Horizontal Section Viewports are only 3D ("Top") views (which are rendered, typically in Hidden Line), as opposed to 2D ("Top/Plan") views, so, they don't seem ideal for floor plans used for construction drawings.

What I'll do to address the OP's issue is to create a 3D symbol of the floor slab.  I'll do this either with 3D geometry, or with at least two Floor objects combined as a Solid Addition.  (I rarely use Slab objects, so this approach may abandon the benefits of those...).  I then place an instance of the 3D symbol on each layer (vertically displaced as required so that they're coincident in the Model).  I then create Auto Hybrids out of each symbol; on Layer 1 the Auto Hybrid would display as dashed lines above, and on Layer 2 the Auto Hybrid would display as solid lines below.  It's then only necessary to update the 3D symbol of the floor slab, and its 2D representation on both layers will automatically update.

HTH... 

L09-01

Edited by willofmaine
  • Like 1

There are other ways to do this but you can:

Place a Top/Plan Viewport on your Sheet

Create a Horizontal Section Viewport of the Underside of your Clip Cube - basically a SVP Looking Up and place on your Sheet Layer

Flip the SVP Vertically & align on top of the original VP

Turn off unwanted classes - to reveal only the required reflected overhead details

• Like 1