Acrobat & VW don't play well together

If I open VW and Adobe Acrobat (6.0.2 pro) at the same time, I always get a crash. I've even learned to do a restart if I've had Acrobat open before I need to work in VW, tho the other way around doesn't seem to be a problem.

I can't say I've often wished to have both open at the same time, but it would be convenient. No other application is even close to Acrobat in frequency of crashing (probably about once every three times I open it), so I'm pretty sure it's more the culprit than VW. Has anyone else had this problem and perhaps found a way around it?

Travis,

I seem to have nearly the same set up as you do, Hardware and software, and I very frequently have Acrobat 6.0.2 and Vectorworks open at the same time with no problems.

Have you repaired permissions lately or other form of disk maintenance?

We commonly verify then repair permissions on a weekly basis (as part of our backup routine). This has been a long-standing, ongoing problem. Since every other Adobe program is exceptionally stable (both on its own and when open with VW), I've finally convinced myself I need to uninstall Acrobat and start over.

Thanks for your response.