Alexander Ronse

VW 2019 Student Edition cannot open student drawings

Hello all,

I recently downloaded the new Vectorworks 2019 Student Edition as my previous version expired. 

I am currently experiencing a major issue with it. 

I can no longer open drawings that I had created in my previous student edition. 

When I attempt to open a drawing, an error message appears stating: 

"This file was saved in the student edition of vectorworks. Files saved in the student edition cannot be opened in the professional version."

I have always used a student version and the current version is also a student version. However, it is claiming that it is a professional version. 

I cannot open any drawings anymore. As I am working on content from last semester, this is incredibly inconvenient. 

Would there be a way to work around this issue rather than have to draw everything completely from the start?

Thanks in advance for your help, 

Alex

Hi Alex
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. I'm not sure what's gone wrong here, but I have asked the tech support team to contact you on Monday to look into it.

I am sure there will be a resolution which will not involve a redraw.