Internal DMX controll (iOS)

Hi

I'm starting to come to terms with there not being any way to controll the lights from an internal lighting software in Vision.

I have done some work now with a MA2 Light sending art-net to my Macbook Pro, but is there any way to use some other iOS compatible lighting software, to somehow send art-net internally directly to Vision? I am going to need to work on visualisations a lot more often then I have access to lighting console. There has to be some solution to this problem.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Suni

Another tip is to use a second monitor if you can, so Vision is on one and your on pc console software is on the other, makes it much easier.

Regarding Artnet or any of the other protocols the make sure that both vision and the console software are set to use the same protocol, it should then connect automatically.

hope this helps

Jesse

• Like 1

@jcogdell 

Ekstra monitor is always a plus. I have been running Vision with Artnet from a MA2 Light console, and that worked without any problems... but my question was regarding the times when we don't have acces to an external console, but still need to work on some visualisations.

And as to the protocols, I was just wondering how Artnet works when the onPC software is on the same computer as Vision. If Vision automatically looks for other internal software sending DMX (Artnet), or if there is any need for extra setings regarding ports and such.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you run your on pc console and Vision on the same computer they should connect automatically, as long as both are configured for the same control protocol (Artnet, SACN, MA NET), also MA Net 2 will work without a security dongle in this scenario as well ( dongle is only required for physical consoles, as far as I remember).

Regarding the 2nd monitor if you are using one computer for both Vision and your on PC, it makes life a lot easier.

• Like 1