Running Video in Vision

Trying to run video in vision on Mac Pro

Im using Grand MA 2 and MA VPU

I have set up screens in VW just don't know how to go about inputting video into Vision.

What video capture device do I need?

Do I need to address screens?

I am using 4 screens but want to show image across all screens (not four images)

Thanks in advance 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm just a lowly Vision software engineer so I may need @BrandonSPP or another industry/VW expert to chime in/back me up here 😛 That being said, I can try to help with the capture device stuff as much as I can.

36 minutes ago, Carl Burnett said:

I have set up screens in VW just don't know how to go about inputting video into Vision.

Use the "Select Video Source" dialog in VW to assign video files to screens for Vision. If you wish to use a capture card for live input in Vision, you can assign a name/number to designate a unique video source from VW. Once in Vision (assuming we've properly detected your capture card), you will be prompted to select a live video source for the "live input texture" you assigned on the VW side. These sources can be cropped inside of Vision if you so choose.

37 minutes ago, Carl Burnett said:

What video capture device do I need?

Please refer to this tech bulletin as it has the most amount of detail in it:

38 minutes ago, Carl Burnett said:

Do I need to address screens?

No you do not. Screens playback cannot currently be controlled from within Vision. If you are using a capture card with Vision, please use the output device for media playback control.

38 minutes ago, Carl Burnett said:

I am using 4 screens but want to show image across all screens (not four images)

I'm not quite sure how to do this on the VW side of things as I primarily work on developing the Vision product line. I'll work on getting someone internally to work on drafting a response to this part or to reach out to you directly.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Carl Burnett said:

For this you have to create a renderworks texture with an image from your content (or print screen of your output), apptly it to your four screens, an then with the attribute mapping tool "map" the screens. I usually use the actual raster file for the production. Afterwards in vision some cropping is always needed, but not time consuming at all.

Regarding the capture device, here are some specs and options.

Edited by Gaspar Potocnik
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...