Newbie - My file is not editable

SJHInteriorDesign

Question

I'm super new to Vectorworks and CAD design, so make silly mistakes which I can usually fix from watching the knowledge base videos. However, this one stumps me as I don't know where to go to get an answer to my latest issue. 

I am working on plans for an office and I imported a DWG file of a piece of furniture from a supplier I am using. The import worked but the original plan turned a lighter grey and now nothing is editable. I closed the file and opened it again, thinking it would all reset but that didn't work and is no doubt a rookie mistake! 

I do hope this is an easy fix... If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

A DWG will import into its own layer.   The rest of your drawing will be on other Layers.  They will be grayed because the Layer Options will be set to Gray Others or Gray/Snap Others.

You should always import DWGs into a blank file.  Once you are comfortable that what you have imported is okay you can then copy it and paste it into the working file in the Layer that you want it on.

• Like 3