Standard symbols in Instrument Schedule

Cookie_NZ

Greetings all,

I suspect this is a 'feature request' rather than a 'how to', but I thought I'd start with asking if there is a way to achieve this.

It strikes me it would be really useful to include symbols other then Lighting Instruments in an Instrument Schedule.  Ancillary items such as lighting consoles, chairs, tables etc that the lighting designer would like to specify for a show.  Currently the only way I know to do this is to convert them into lighting instruments.  This is fine as a workaround, but it does mean they show up in Lightwright.  Not the end of the world, but a little annoying as it's more unhelpful clutter.

Is there a way to include standard symbols in an Instrument Schedule (Items that are not lights)?  Or alternatively, is there some kind of 'instrument schedule' for displaying symbols and counts for a selection of standard symbols in a drawing? 

Cheers,

Cookie

@michaelk and I did a seminar at the design summit on Worksheets where we did a combined door and window schedule.

In the database criteria you select all of the different types of objects and then in the column formulas you use IF statements to return the data from the correct record.field for each object type.

Works OK if you only have a couple of object types and a few columns but can get complicated if you have a lot you are trying to combine.

I am slammed until at least the middle of next week, but may have a little time then to post a demo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...