Making gable window invisible on plan

nati

In the attic there is a gable window. I want it to show in elevation but not on the floor plan-I made an invisible gable window class and changed the classes

to that in the window settings but the actual window class still shows as the regualr window class and therefore still shows on the plan. I need to turn it off in

plan as it overlaps with a lower window. What do I need to do that I'm not?

I think you need to simply put the window object in the invisible class. Not change the window classes in the window settings.

If the window "container" object is in an invisible class all of the objects in the window will be invisible even if they are in different classes.

If you have autoclassing enabled then window objects will stay on their auto-classed class.

File>Document Settings>Standard Naming and uncheck "Enable Auto-classing".

I may be wrong on this as I don't use auto-classing or even window objects...

With auto-classing now off any new plug-in objects you put in in your drawings will just go on to the active class so be carefull there.

I was thinking the other way you could do it would be to turn the gable window into a symbol and insert the symbolled window into the wall in your invisible class..