3D model in PDF format ?

Well I had a pdf with a model of a two storey building with stairs and timber joists (quite busy) and the size was ..... wait for it ....... 34kb !!! You can zoom in and rotate the model, add light source to it and walkthough !! Unbelievable really !! Microstation really are ahead of the game.

Damo

To check this out I downloaded Adobe Reader 7 and the demo file from RightHemisphere. My system slows down so much with Adobe Reader 7 that is completely disabled. It took 15 seconds to get it's attention to quit. It is also connecting to a web site somewhere and sending information to this site (I assume it is Adobe) without officially telling me anything about it. My Spyware software is reporting it. I did let it connect and send the info once to see if that was the speed problem but it didn't help.

If anyone gets this work correctly I would like to know how you did it.

Thanks

You need the full (expensive) version of Acrobat to create such a document.

Yes, the QTVR is fully functional.

I haven't had a reason to even produce a QTVR let alone embed it in a PDF, just pointing out that it can be done.

One possible use would be to make a super-cool whiz-bang presentation PDF that contained drawings, perhaps some JPEGS of renderings that have been tweaked in P-shop,a walk thru Quicktime movie, a QTVR,text, and maybe a picture of your cat or something.

Acrobat Professional is a very powerful page lay-out program.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a huge file difference between 'linked to' and 'embed in'.

A 34kb file is a linked path to a file on the HD or server whereas a fully embedded PDF of a QTVR will be a min. 2mb+.

Why use the PDf anyway when you can just embed the QTVR in old html. PDF is for print clarity and page accuracy. The QTVR.mov is a stand-alone module and does not require an embed.