JMR

Clip cube section viewport and sketch or hidden line

Hi all,

If I try to make a 3D section viewport from a Clip Cube, the viewport on a sheet layer works fine until I try to set it to "hidden line" or "sketch" - then the clipped part always comes visible again.

Anyone else seeing this?

2019 VW Designer Sp2.

104105662_Clipcube_sketch.thumb.PNG.675d0a3c9548c7e424b7c52917371334.PNGClip cube_openGL.PNG

Edited by JMR

@JMR Hello. I dont show clipped graphics in sketch or hidden line, but from recall i think these graphic modes are programmed to show the entire model. I have just repeated your operation and yes it is not showing the clip in sketch and hidden line. It will show the clip in Open GL. Is that correct @JimWModeratorTest

Thanks David.

Anyone from VW staff, is this working as intended? Could sketch/hidden line functionality be reasonably implemented to clip cube?

We are having issues with this as well...it's unfortunate you cant render clip cube drawings in hidden line for our working sets.  @Jim Wilson is this how it's supposed to operate ... or a bug that should be logged?

In the meantime we worked around this issue by:

• using open GL
  • in the Open GL settings
    1. uncheck "Use Textures"
    2. uncheck "Use Colors"
    3. check "Draw Edges"
    4. Thickness (pixels): "1"
  • Bump the ambient light up to max to remove shade and shadows
  • change the clip cube cut to black or grey 
Edited by Joe Marshall

This is just a limitation at the moment, it is planned to let Clip Cube work in more places and in more render modes.

• Like 2