cberg

Data Tags Disassociate

What causes data tags to disassociate from  the objects that they are connected to.  

I've been experiencing persistent random dissassociation of space tags and wall tags in my file.  I am using project sharing for this file.  Working in VW2019 sp2?

Any ideas as to what is causing it?  Is there a way beyond placing a new tag to reattach?

Edited by cberg

Hello cberg,

This is knowing issue and we are working on it. The problem is that tagged object( wall, space... ) is not checked out when the data tag is edited.

If you want to reattach data tags, you can use control points. If the data tag does not have  leader, you have to turned on it (the leader) first and then to reattach the data tag.

Best Regards,

Kostadin Ivanov

• Like 1

Thanks.  At least for now, I will try to not do project sharing.

We're trying to use project sharing in 3 person office.  We thought we'd use the new data tags and tag all the objects in the sheet layers.  It has been an unmitigated disaster.  Now, you can't even update a viewport (elevation or section) without checking out tags on other sheets - it makes no sense.  The tags take ownership of everything so it is nearly impossible for two people to work on the project.  

Even with an entire elevation sheet layer checked out, if we try to generate the viewports it will ask us to check out tags on floor plan sheet layers.  

1518190615_ScreenShot2019-02-08at9_59_10AM.thumb.png.87008d4b43a8e7c424c30d1606a95756.png

58076390_ScreenShot2019-02-08at9_58_33AM.thumb.png.46a574427066f766c78fa7ec9d363ae4.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 9.58.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 9.59.10 AM.png

Edited by rb-arch
  • Like 1

Hello rb-arch,

This is knowing issue and it will be fixed.

Best Regards,

Kostadin Ivanov