revision marker tool

suzannah

Thanks Kevin,

I have found the Revision Marker vwx file in the resource manager, however no items are shown in the file.  How do I reveal the marker choices?  The folder "Object Styles" does not show up in the Active Symbol Def drop down at all.

I appreciate your help!

Suzannah

Edited by suzannah
  • 1 year later...

I’ve made a custom data tag for revision markers. I’ve set up a bunch of revision classes, the data tag automatically updates the revision number depending on which class the revision cloud is placed on. It’s very quick. Added bonus is that superseded revisions can also just have their class visibility turned off when no longer needed.

This video shows you how to set it up if you’re interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0piGg5cweXA

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 7:53 AM, Boh said:

I’ve made a custom data tag for revision markers. I’ve set up a bunch of revision classes, the data tag automatically updates the revision number depending on which class the revision cloud is placed on. It’s very quick. Added bonus is that superseded revisions can also just have their class visibility turned off when no longer needed.

This video shows you how to set it up if you’re interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0piGg5cweXA

This is the same way that I do it. 

In 2021, you can change the class of the plugin object to speed up the revisions..

2021-02-16_08-07-54.png

Thanks for responding Jonathan,

I'm in 2020 (does it matter) and I don't see "Plug-In Object style Options" I just have this...no mention "of class".  I set it to it's own class though which is set to Red.  Still Black

1944976791_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_13_55AM.thumb.png.7a4d2ac2dc05a75d8faeb2f0c6eb81d2.png

I didn't finish the video linked above so if it's in there I apologize, but I got overwhelmed pretty quickly and needed to get this drawing out right away.

Right click on a data tag and select "Plug-in Object Options" You can set the insertion class there.

image.thumb.png.300867318bb35de951eff563c8853b1b.png

This sets the insertion class of the tag but you still won't be able to change the colour of individual tags. You can only change the colour of all of the tags of that style by editing the tag graphics. If the graphics colour is controlled "by class" then you can also just edit the class. Either way it will change all the tags of that style. Functionality to change the attributes of individual symbols/tags has been on the wishlist for some time.

The thing is that with the methodology used in the the video link I posted earlier you set the class of the tag to a specific "Revision" class and the tag picks up the class description of that class. E.g. place the tag into the "Revision-A" class (whose class description is simply "A") and the tag will show an "A".

So if you are going to use this method then you don't really want/need the revision data tag to go into any specific class on insertion as the intention is to change it do a selected revision class anyway.

I really like this method. In fact I have taken it further and have made a set of scripts so I can quickly reclass the revision tags and associated rev clouds. Se short vid.

That looks really cool Boh.  Unfortunately I can't do that on 2020 I don't think.  So the tool seems to be in a weird purgatory state in 2020.  I can't use the original Rev Marker or Center Line tools with easy modifications of color, class, scale...and I can't modify the Tags as described above in 2021.  Huh?

Thanks for trying though everyone.

Edited by Tshwayder

Did you already try simply using the legacy tool instead of the new tool? We have a couple of newer tools that don't work well with our current workflow, so we just use the old tool until our workflow system catches up. Open the workplace editor (tools>workspaces>edit current workspaces), click the tools tab, go to recent changes and find the tool that was removed and drag it back into your palette.