mMurrey

Covering a Solid with Foliage

Question

I am trying to create some custom topiary / hedge forms using the Foliage tool. I am having issues changing the solid form of the foliage objects.

I follow the instructions as outlined http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FPlants%2FCovering_a_Solid_with_Foliage.htm&rhsearch=foliage&rhhlterm=foliage&rhsyns=

When I try and paste my new solid form into the profile, it does not show up at all. Also, if I try to delete the sphere, it reappears over and over again in a slightly smaller size.

For my new solid, I've tried using a 3D extrusion, converting to 3d polygons, converting to generic solid, even creating inside the profile editor, and all provide the same outcome. 

Please let me know what I am missing. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Are you able to post an example file? I worked through the steps in the VW help and it worked as expected for me. I wonder if your solids object is not a valid object in some way. In my testing I used a generic solid.

The Foliage Tool's interface is not particularly user friendly which may be part of the issue.

Kevin