digitalcarbon

Using 2 CAD systems

No shame in using more than one CAD program. I do it all the time. You can re-paint your house with a screwdriver, but why bother as its' much quicker using a brush. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Although if you are going to use a screwdriver I'd recommend a flat head over a phillips for a smoother finish.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

49 minutes ago, David S said:

Although if you are going to use a screwdriver I'd recommend a flat head over a phillips for a smoother finish.

Assuming a smoother finish is what you're after…

• Laugh 1

so some have asked...should I get VW or Solidworks...(MCAD) to do my work...

Onshape makes shop drawings really fast...but thats it...no customization, no presentation views...its for the guys in the shop..that's it...

And that is the way it should be...its a child of the main project system (VW) then export parasolids for assembly in VW or the Minivan

This symbiotic relationship is working well...no need for VW to make a custom cabinet tool...make custom cabinets in a separate VW file (direct modeling) and ref in to main VW file OR make the custom cabs in Onshape for real fabrication drawings...

imports in to vw well...to check over all context...

note the dirt & concrete texture in the image...not going to get that in any MCAD

1898933425_ScreenShot2019-02-08at12_48_10PM.thumb.png.0c0ea02853445316c03efcbf6b8d308e.png

image.thumb.png.ae24abd4d110fb5fce534233921ec392.png

Reckon digital used Flat head green RT to get that finish. Smooth!