General Opinion on VW Architecture

Phileas

I totally agree with Phileas. Within VW I see enormous potential, but the "architect" tools need to be brought up to a professional level, and the software performance when it comes to code and calculations.

Today we did interior elevations (line drawings) of a very simple washroom; the i7-7700 machine @4.2GHz can't handle the task in a usable way. Then again, calculating an elevation of the whole building is quick enough. Very strange. Something is amiss with the code.

• Like 2

@JMR yeah I feel like there are some small issues like that everywhere in the program, which sometimes gets really annoying... I'm less bothered with these since I work on a mac and never had problems related to the power of my computer (except for the space tool and external references that seems to be buggy for everyone), but I see a lot of people complaining about it

p:

as noted, elsewhere on here, the stair tool stinks, building sections are not multithreaded (yet) so you could go paint a room in your house and be done before it finishes if it has more than one floor, you can’t modify wall assembly components in plan (think brick ledge), the overall structure/organization of architectural resources is a train wreck (there are national us and international standards for this), and the space tool is virtually useless since it bogs flies down to a crawl.  Hoping the next version takes care of some of this but if it’s as stable as 2019, gonna be a while before you can use it safely.

• Like 3