Any way to adjust the size of page based symbols in the Resource Manager Preview?

Boh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt.

Here is a sample file with a couple of page based symbols. I've checked and the bounding box is no larger than the visible objects. It seems to happens on most of my page based symbols on both vw2018 & vw 2019. The odd ones whose thumbnails do look ok, if I 'edit' them the thumbnail will then change size, even though I haven't actually changed them -. just gone straight in and out of edit mode.

In the screen shot example below the thumbnail got bigger after 'editing'. Doesn't work for most of them unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see if any of this behavior happens on your machine or on a new file into which you have imported the symbols.

Thanks again for your help.

image.thumb.png.3ac8143e9563343411cc23c69906be3f.pngimage.thumb.png.2eb8b21b6adcd0cf44576f2189192730.png

Page Based Symbols Sample.vwx

Edited by Boh
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks for the file. I do see the small thumbnails and previews in VW 2018 and 2019. However, editing and exiting the symbols (to refresh their bounding boxes) does correct the problem for all three symbols in 2019. Unfortunately, VW 2018 still has issues.

BTW: A quick way to reset the bounding box for multiple symbols is to select any number of them in the Resource Manager, right-click on one, and choose "Edit Symbol Options". When the dialog appears, click OK without changing anything and they'll all reset.

Ok. Thanks Matt, I appreciate your time looking at this. I'm glad this little issue is sorted on 2019. We are holding off using 2019 for now as it looks like it has too many other bugs and will effect our productivity.

Perhaps when the next service pack is issued we may start using it.