Vectorworks Fundamentals 2018 Crash on exit

MJHeil1

Question

Hello,

I just updated from Vectorworks 2008 to VW2018 Fundamentals and the transition has been pretty good after I made some key-mapping changes. Was able to produce a complete floor plan the same day I installed. The only issue I have is that when I exit, the VW application crashes. It doesn't affect my project files at all, I've learned to keep a blank file open when closing, however it is just irritating at this point. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64Bit, i7 @ 3.4GHz, 32GB Ram. Error screen attached as a PDF below.

At this time I am able to open Vectorworks normally and there doesn't seem to be lingering issues, just looking for an answer at this point.

Thanks, 

MJHeil

Crash Screen.pdf

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Disconnect one of those monitors from the display port on that machine, then download and install the following:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/142223

Reboot the machine afterwards, then launch and use Help > Check for Updates and make sure the very latest version has been installed (Should be SP6) and then close Vectorworks normally. If that fails, contact tech@vectorworks.net directly.

Jim,

I did install the latest Nvidia driver without my second monitor and it still had the identical issue. With or without two monitors.

Thanks for your help, I'll send it up the tech tree tomorrow. Fortunately it is just a nagging error, not critical.

MJHeil