Plug-Ins

Why did Nemetschek have to go and break things. It was fine the way it was.

Just installed v11.5 and firstly it didn't accept my workspace until I gave it a different extension and secondly, and more importantly, I cannot export to Cinema 4D anymore, even if I change the extension to the plug-in file.

What must I do???????? [Confused][Mad]

Shaun

I found a similar problem, but have also found a solution. Given my programming roots, I was careful to check the errors and noticed that all of the Plug-ins that couldn't be found were supposed to be in the "Plug-ins" folder (note the lower-case 'i'). VW 11.0.1's Plug-Ins folder had an uppercase 'i'. Simply navigate to your VectorWorks folder (/Applications/VectorWorks/ in OS X) and change the name of the folder from "Plug-Ins" to "Plug-ins" (upper- to lower-case 'i'). Quit VectorWorks and relaunch. This should fix your problem...

I agree that this should have been caught in the testing phase, but, hey, at least it has an easy solution...

I'm sorry but that doesn't work and I am on a PC. I'm sure its more complicated than just renaming a folder.

If you look at extensions more clearly, they have changed all files of *.rsr to *.qtr - what for I don't know. The workspaces have also changed from *.vww to *.qtr

Shaun

Sorry but I think you'll get the answer back on this one that its for Maxon to sort out, not Vectorworks. So to save time I'd start emailing your Cinema dealer or Maxon support direct letting them know the situation.

You'd have thought they'd at least concured on the subject! and that a revised plug in available upon release date.

I've made sure maxon has recieved note of this issue. However I have some questions for you with this problem. In your workspace editor, is the cinema 4D exchange at least showing up in the commands side under Import/export, and just isn't staying in your workspace when you transfer it over to the menus list. this is the problem I'm encountering when I try, so 11.5 is detecting it, it just isn't putting it into workspaces for some reason.

the more info you can give me, the more i can help get the solution found.

Feeling kinda stupid myself that i never tried the exchange form 11.5 while in development.

Saw this on the VW users list which has already been mentioned - .qtr. Wonder if its a case of at which point you change them in regard to upgrade and any machine reboot after install.

A note on the installer page aparently.

Just a thought.

"Windows users please note that the 11.5 web updater will not

automatically update your custom workspaces. After running the web

updater, you will need to append your custom workspace files with the

.qtr suffix (thereby replacing the previous .vww suffix) before

they'll be recognized by 11.5."

Hope its solved for you 11.5 users soon.

Alan

[ 03-04-2005, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: alanmac ]