DXF/DWG Export Colors

I'm trying to understand the benefit of "True Colors" when exporting to DWG. What exactly is it? I'm using VW 2017 and don't have Autocad. I'm posting here rather than asking such seemingly annoying questions to my colleagues and clients who use Autocad.

Specifically, it seems, when I import back the exported DWG (version 2004 or later), that "True Colors" is available without mapping line weights to colors and yet layer colors are also properly exported. Does the exported DWG file keep color assignments for layers separate from and in addition to objects line weights? Not sure if it's just my Vectorworks interpreting the line weights back to my color preferences because I run a script to set line weights to various colors, and I see those same colors in the imported drawing.

In other words, what do Autocad users see when they import my drawing — do they get the layer colors from my settings? Do they also somehow get object colors separately, like when changing settings to turn off Layer Colors?

TrueColors.jpg

I think Autocad, beside its color table, has also an option for custom colors,

called true color and you can set them by RGB or HSV.

At least Bricscad has it.

But no clue about the first 6 (15) colors from Index Color,

are still mandatory or used for line weights nowadays.

I would ask your ACAD colleagues to find a common workflow.

I assume that ACAD users also make use of all available colors

and control lines by plot tables and such ...