SmartCursor not working in VW2019

boldoutdoors

Question

I just recently upgraded from VW2018 to 2019 and I've run into an issue with the SmartCursor not working as expected.  I used it all the time with 2018 to acquire midpoints of lines and to snap new lines to corners of objects.  The SmartCursor Cues always popped up where expected.  After upgrading, the SmartCursor is not acting the same so I'm wondering if it has changed since 2018 or if it is some sort of bug.  To test the difference between VW 2018 and VW 2019 I've made all of the SmartCursor settings and the Vectorworks Preferences exactly the same.  I then tried to acquire the top corner of a rectangle.  You can see the results in the attached images.  VW2018 clearly gives me a cue and it stops on the corner of the rectangle.  VW2019 shows the 2 small dots (acquisition hint?) in the general area of the corner, but the cursor never snaps to the corner.  If I click to begin a new line in VW 2019 near the corner it will not snap to anything.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what other settings I could change at this point.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am running the VW 2019 SP2.  

vw2018.JPG

vw2019.JPG

2 answers to this question