More fields in "Truss record" Database

Hello,

A question to Vectorworks Spotlight developers :

Could it be possible to have more fields in truss record database? It may be useful to have connections forks needed for the system, and total volume of system.

I used to work with truss symbol instead of spotlight truss, and all my trusses have connections forks quantities (2 for ladder truss, 3 for triangle truss, 4 for square truss, 1x2 or 1x3 or 1x4 for 2D corner, 2x2 or 2x3 or 2x4 for 3D and 4D corners, ...). And then, order picker in stock have exact quantity of each truss and total connections forks needed.

Volume may be useful too, to approximatly know what trucks size needed (20m3, 30m3, 40m3, ...100m3)

Yes I know that I could duplicate spotlight truss libraries and customize them using "User fields 1", 2, 3, ... But it may be  useful for everyone to have those fields, no?

Many thanks to ear this request.

Here an example of old system build with truss symbol (and no spotlight truss tool). Connections forks are "Goupilles & sécu en sus", and volume is "Cubage colisé" in my french worksheet :

53579073_tableau-truss-erreurtotallongueurexsymbole.thumb.png.75d97b65cc38329e26014ff4409077f3.png

Thanks Rob,

I understand your contraints. No problem. Other questions : to do that on my own, is it the correct way :

I had to duplicate a truss library in /Applications/Vectorworks 2019 FR-FR/Bibliothèque/Objects - Ent Truss/....,

- edit this duplicate files with my personnal user fileds data to have my worksheet with the data I need

And after I can use this duplicate files in Spotlight AND Braceworks too?

The disavantage is I had to edit duplicate files each time that there's an update on original libraries?

10 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

Hi David.

I am currently using custom records to add 'rigging hardware' such as spansets and shackles to elements of truss so that they report into a worksheet. It may cover some (but not all) of the functionality you require.

Best

Tom

Thanks Tom. OK I will do like that too.

4 hours ago, SCParker said:

Timing is everything. I'm just now adding truss records to the generic cheeseborough object so I can count them within my truss counting worksheets. I'm searching for a method of copy/paste the same record, with all the info filled in, from one clamp to the next.

Sorry, my english is not so good, and Google can't traduct "the generic cheeseborough object" in french. Can you explain me or show me a screenshot please ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Scott. My slightly incorrect but still relevant to this issue.. Attached records are for Hoist Data and are formatted in the following way...

High Hook Rigging Point (Type Pop up) Choice of Gravlock/Ibeam clamp or Roundsling/Strop

High Hook Motor Attachment 1 (Type Pop up) Choice of Hoop or Bow Shackles at varying ratings

High Hook Motor Attachment 2 (Type Pop up) Choice of Hoop or Bow Shackles at varying ratings

Low Hook Rigging Point (Type Pop up) Choice of Roundsling/Strop or Prolyte style Truss Hanger

Low Hook Motor Attachment 1 (Type Pop up) Choice of Hoop or Bow Shackles at varying ratings

Low Hook Motor Attachment 2 (Type Pop up) Choice of Hoop or Bow Shackles at varying ratings

I have started experimenting with Underslung/Overslung Truss connections and I am working on a record that works in a following way.

Onstage Chord Hardware 1 (Type Pop up) Choice Doughty Half Coupler Fixed/Doughty Half Coupler Swivel/Scaff Clip 90/Scaff Clip Swivel

Onstage Chord Hardware 2 (Type Pop up)  Choice Doughty Half Coupler Fixed/Doughty Half Coupler Swivel/Scaff Clip 90/Scaff Clip Swivel

Offstage Chord Hardware 1 (Type Pop up)  Choice Doughty Half Coupler Fixed/Doughty Half Coupler Swivel/Scaff Clip 90/Scaff Clip Swivel

Offstage Chord Hardware 2 (Type Pop up)  Choice Doughty Half Coupler Fixed/Doughty Half Coupler Swivel/Scaff Clip 90/Scaff Clip Swivel

Safety Option (Type Pop up) Choice, Steel lengths or inertia truss safety chord options.

All the best

Tom W