dtm challenges

emo

I'm trying to prepare a site model for a CNC milling machine. I need the data in an stl file as one continuous grid. I have the land form info, but I need to put a couple of simple buildings onto the site. I have tried making pads of the apppropriate elevation with very tight fences, but they keep showing up floating below the ground surface rather than extruded above.

Is there any way to join an extruded 3D polygon with the dtm grid so I end up with one entity that shows both building and site? Or is there a pad trick I haven't found yet? Or something else entirely?

Thanks,

Erin

I have the site just how I want it, but it extends beyond the area I want to use. Is there any way to cut off part of the terrain model? I've tried Subtract Solids, but I get the message "You have tried to create a solid object which cannot be computed. Edit the geometry to resolve the condition and try again." which I would be happy to do if I could tell just what the condition is. I have been trying to subtract a large box from the site model. The box totally encloses the portion of the model I'd like to remove. Any tips?

Thanks,

Erin