Attaching Records to Lighting Devices

GlueDT92

Question

I have a lighting device in my resource manager that I would like to attach a record to so that when the device, the record inserts with it. I can attach the record after insertion, but this requires me to attach the record every time I insert a new instance of the symbol.

I have tried attaching the record format the same way you would attach it to a symbol but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Simon

4 answers to this question

This is an existing record format that is also associated with non-lighting device symbols and populated several worksheets so I'm trying to embed that record int he device instead of creating a new field value.

I can probably sort out my worksheets to pull data from both formats if I have to, but simply attaching the record to the devices would be the simplest way to do this I think.

A worksheet should be able to see any record attached to a symbol in the resource manager once inserted as a lighting device. However it cant be applied retrospectively. (Any further insertion of the instrument will though) For now it would probably be best to attach the record manually.

In your worksheet you need to make sure that you have "plug-in objects" checked though.....

Mark

edit: Just been checking. I'm mistaken. if you select your criteria as 'lighting device" then it won't see the record; if you set your criteria to all objects, then it will. But that's not what you want. You will need to attach the record manually then.....

I'm not sure that completely makes sense and wonder if it is intended behaviour or an oversight.

Edited by markdd
On 1/24/2019 at 3:08 AM, markdd said:

edit: Just been checking. I'm mistaken. if you select your criteria as 'lighting device" then it won't see the record; if you set your criteria to all objects, then it will. But that's not what you want. You will need to attach the record manually then.....

I'm not sure that completely makes sense and wonder if it is intended behavior or an oversight.

Seems like an oversight/bug to me. Since I'm able to attach it post-insertion it's clearly possible to associate records with lighting devices so it doesn't really make that there would be no way to associate it with the device pre-insertion like you would with a standard symbol.