exporting simple drawings to non cad users

Opinions on best export format for email, so that a client can open and print an 8 1/2 x 11 drawing that can then be scaled. I have tried .tif and .jpg, but the images received on their PC were slightly shrunk. Maybe I am overlooking some settings during export process? (I am sending from Mac system to Windows). Also any advice on improving resolution of the received image?

Just make sure your client when printing the pdf does not use any of the scaling options in Acobat Reader, shrink to fit page etc. and all should be fine.

I got compliants from one of my clients that the scale was wrong, perfect not only in Vectorworks but in the pdf my end. Once I questioned him a bit more there was an embarassed silence followed by a "oh I didn't realise I was doing anything other than printing it out, didn't look at my printer settings, how do you do that?"

You can only do so much !!

Alan

Thanks to all. I used the PDF and printed myself a copy--the linework is cleaner, the curves are smoother, and the scale is pretty close. In the long direction of 8 1/2 x 11, comparing to a printed graphic scale, there is about 2" shrinkage in 30' (at 1/4" scale) which is 1/2 %. Here's hoping that sending to the windows machine works as well.

Brian